Free Duplicate File Finder will find all duplicate files on your computer or inside a selected folder regardless of the file names comparing the file content. It is designed to find and delete duplicate files over home and corporate networks and searches duplicate file contents regardless of filename. The tool can alos find similar files and files with similar file names. A list of all the found duplicate files can be sorted, exported, and modified. The search session including results can be saved or exported ot CSV (Excel) and XML file formats. Duplicate files can be removed, moved, or copied. The internal preview supporting a lot of image, video, music and text file formats. You can also preview the files in binary mode. Option to exclude folders from the auto mark. The protection for system files and folders will prevent deletion of important files.
Duplicate File Finder - Benefits
- Save valuable disk space by removing useless duplicate files
- Increase computer speed by minimizing data needed to be scanned by antivirus and antispyware applications
- Eliminate the chance of editing the wrong files by deleting duplicates
- Reduce the backup time and media size used for backups
- Reduce files searching time
- Duplicate file remover to eliminate synchronization problems
- The fastest duplicate file finder on the market
Find Similar Files And Files With Similar Names
The tool can find similar files by comparing file content using complex algorithms. It can find similar document and text files even if entire paragraphs inside are rearranged. It can even find archives that contain similar files.
There is also an option to search for similar file names. It performs true text analysis and can find similar file names even if the diference is not at the beginning and the end of the file name. For example "my document.doc", "My 1 document.doc", "latest documnt.doc". "2014 document.doc" will all be identified as similar names depending on the similarity level specified.
Duplicate File Cleaner - Features
Fast Duplicate File Finder is a powerful utility for finding duplicate files in a folder and all its sub folders. It has the following features:
- Find duplicate files in folders, drives, USB drives or entire network.
- Fast binary comparison algorithm - true byte-to-byte comparison
- Internal preview supporting images, videos, music, text and binary files
- Automatically mark older files for deletion
- Duplicate files can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently
- Support for all kinds of removable media - usb drives, diskettes etc.
- Intuitive interface and rich documentation
- Process priority settings that will let the application scan in your computers IDLE time
- Protection for system files and folders that will prevent damages to your system files
- Automatically locate duplicate files in Windows Explorer
- Open file with associated program
- Multi-language file system support - full unicode support
- The fastest duplicate finding algorithm.
- Find files with same content.
- Find files with same name.
- Find similar files.
- Find files with similar names.
- Find duplicate pictures, video, songs(mp3, wma, ogg).
- The most precise among duplicate file finders, duplicate file cleaners.
- User friendly even for novice users.
- Works with removable media devices like Floppy, USB, Removable Drives.
- Search for duplicates on mapped drives or network.
- Find duplicate files based on criteria : filename, 100% identical files, similar files, similar names and so on.
- Abetter than Fuzzy Match search algortihm than can find similar files even if the content inside is rearranged.
- Can find duplicates inside a specified folder
- Compare two or more folders for duplicates
- Folders can be excluded from the scan or from aut-check
- Protects the windows and system folders in order not to remove important files and damage the operating system and applications.
- Detailed information on file size, date, version and other important properties.
- Internal preview for images, text files, binary files and more.
- Save projects and scan results for later review and analysis.
- Results can be exported to XML and CSV (Excel) file formats.
Duplicate Finder - System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows Vista/XP/NT/ME/2000/2003/98
- CPU: Pentium-233 MHz or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 5 MB free hard disk space
- Mouse or other pointing device